Suspect In Death Of 20-Year-Old Ondo Model Released From Prison Custody (Photos)

Suspect In Death Of 20-year-old Ondo Model Released From Prison Custody

In the Ondo State Ministry of Justice, his file reads ‘No Case To Answer’

Loading...

Ebenezer
Adejumola, the prime suspect in the murder of Oluwaseun Ajila, a
20-year-old model, who was raped to death in Akure, Ondo State, has been
released from prison custody, Sahara Reporters can confirm.

Adejumola
was acquitted and freed from Olokuta Medium Prison in Akure where he
was remanded last year for allegedly killing the young lady.

A
court document sighted by our correspondent on Wednesday revealed that
Adejumola was interrogated and investigated by the police over the
murder before he was sent to prison custody.

Ajila was allegedly
raped to death on October 4, 2018 inside her mother’s apartment at Mary
Labake Street off Ijoka Road in the Abusoro area of Akure, the state
capital.

A graduate of Biological Science at Adeyemi College of
Education, Ondo, Ajila was the only child of her 60-year-old mother, Mrs
Yemisi Ajayi, before her death.

Following her alleged rape and
murder, Adejumola was arraigned at the Chief Magistrate Court sitting in
Akure on October 22, 2018 on a two-count charge.

In her ruling,
Magistrate B. Yakubu had ordered the suspect to be remanded at Olokuta
Medium Prison in Akure and adjourned the case to January 22, 2019
pending advice from Department of Public Prosecution.

That was
the last heard about the case until Sahara Reporters discovered on
Wednesday that the suspect had been released from prison.

The
document sighted in by Sahara Reporters showed that Adejumola was freed
in March 2019 based on the recommendations of the DPP.

The
document revealed that Ajila’s murder was firstly reported at the ‘B
Division’ of the Ondo State Police Command but later transferred to the
State Criminal investigation Department for proper investigation.

A
source at Ondo State High Court however, said that the freedom of
Adejumola remained questionable as his file at the Ondo State Ministry
of Justice read “No Case To Answer”.

When contacted on the case,
spokesperson for the police in Ondo, Femi Joseph, said he was not aware
that the suspect had been released from prison custody.

He said, “I am not aware that the suspect had been released from prison custody.

“I remembered that we charged him to court and he was later remanded judging by the evidences we presented.

“Well,
if such a person has been released, it doesn’t foreclose our
investigations. We will still continue to investigate the case and it
would require us digging deep by looking for other ways in arresting
those who might have been behind this dastardly act.

“Criminal
cases can last till anytime but when it happen like this, it help us in
unravelling the mystery that might have been behind such.”

About thecitimedia 7565 Articles
They say go hard or go home. Hey y'all, I'm Home.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply