Xenophobia: Saraki Reacts, Tells FG, South African Govt What To Do

President of the eight Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki has condemned the
recent Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians living in South Africa, Igbere TV
reports.

Igbere TV had previously reported that properties worth
millions of naira, belonging to Nigerians in South Africa, were set
ablaze by South Africans.

Loading...

A viral video sighted by Igbere TV on
Monday also showed several shops being looted by the angry South African
citizens in their large numbers.

President of the Nigeria Union
in South Africa, Adetola Olubajo, said the attacks began on Sunday
morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a
statement on Monday that the mob “looted several shops that were around
the vicinity suspected to be owned by foreign nationals.”

Reacting
to the development on his verified Twitter handle, the Saraki called on
the Nigerian and South African governments to take a decisive action.

“I
am saddened by the unfortunate events in South Africa. Nigerians should
be allowed to carry out legitimate businesses without fear for their
lives”, he said.

“I encourage @NigeriaGov and @CyrilRamaphosa to
take decisive actions that will send a strong message. Every Nigerian
lives matter”, Saraki added.

About thecitimedia 7730 Articles
They say go hard or go home. Hey y'all, I'm Home.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply